PADI, SSI, CMAS / Snorkeling guide
Temporary diving job in Reykjavik, Iceland @ Tröll Expeditions Reykjavik
Tröll Expeditions Reykjavik
- PADI, SSI, CMAS / Snorkeling guide
Troll Expeditions is looking for PADI, SSI, CMAS, (or equivalent federations) Scuba or Free diving divemaster/instructors to work in Iceland as Snorkeling guide in Silfra for the summer season 2022.
Troll Expeditions is a tour operator based in Iceland. We specialize in adventure travel and offer a wide range of multiday tours, day tours, and activity-based tours (glacier hikes, ice climbing, snorkeling, volcano, kayak, etc... ) around Iceland.
Important note: Due to visa and COVID restrictions:
- EU / Schengen Space passport only .
- COVID vaccinated only (vaccine compliant with EU standards).
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING:
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great work environment and company culture.
- Opportunities to grow in the company and train internally for guiding glacier tours, ice cave tours, sightseeing day tours or multiday tours.
- Salaries are according to the cost of life in Iceland, above standard diving industry.
- Possibility to be part of a team in the company with a high standard of service in Iceland (+3900 excellent Trip Advisor reviews).
- Travel grant and housing are not included (but we can help you to find one).
- Assist with preparing/loading all equipment at our facilities.
- Welcome our customers, assist them with gearing up.
- Give comprehensive briefings in English about safety and the area.
- Provide a high level of customer service during the snorkeling tour and during all the time spent with clients.
- Take good quality photos of the clients inside and outside the water all along the snorkeling tour.
- Complete sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities.
- Follow our procedures and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Recommend/generate sales for other tours offer by Troll Expeditions.
- Other tasks assigned by Troll Expeditions.
WORK ETHICS REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent English speaking skills & service oriented.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team.
- Professional and kind behavior towards all our international clients and staff members.
- Ambition towards personal growth and development within the workplace.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by Troll expeditions and adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Active certified Scuba Dive Master and above, or Free Dive Instructor.
- Currently certified in First Aid & CPR, as defined by agency specifications.
- Must be in good standing (have no recorded ethics or safety violations or quality assurance issues) with the certifying dive agency
- Must be eligible for required insurance or present a professional insurance.
- Valid European B driving license and comfortable driving van type vehicles.
- EU / Schengen Space compatible passport.
- Covid vaccinated.
- Ability to to work in the various weather conditions of Iceland, including below 0 degree Celsius (freezing) conditions depending on the season.
- Ability to work standing on his/her feet 100% of the time.
- Ability to maintain control of a group of 6 people and perform rescues in-or-out of water as necessary.
- Ability to load and unload gear and equipment repeatedly over a long period of time.
- Ability to lift/carry 20kg on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders.
If you are interested please send your applications and CV
- Share this Job