PADI Instructors (couples allowed) for the upcoming Season
Full-time diving job in @ Sea Saba
- PADI Instructors (couples allowed) for the upcoming Season
Saba, Dutch Caribbean - PADI Instructors
For the upcoming season, we’re looking for PADI Instructors preferably with boat handling experience at our busy center—Saba, Dutch Caribbean. We are looking for candidates who can be ready in September for our busy times ahead.
The appropriate candidates will work with our team leading dives, teaching courses, captaining/crewing our boats, assisting with the maintenance of the boats, vehicles, and dive equipment, and any other necessary duties. We require energy with a great attitude–not afraid of hard work (we lift and fill our own tanks and crew our own boats), eager to learn more, passionate about diving and our environment, and have good people skills. Being a Boat Captain is a huge plus. If applicable, please send us your Captains credentials for us to ensure compliance with local laws. Additional training opportunities will be available (Basic Safety Training, Boat Master 1, etc.).
Sea Saba is considered the premier dive operator in the northeastern Caribbean: www.seasaba.com. We’re a business with a solid reputation for professionalism, outstanding service, and dedication to the environment. The island of Saba is known for its environmental protection both topside and below – great diving and a beautiful island.
Couples are welcome to apply and so are newly qualified PADI Instructors. We offer opportunities to increase your skills depending on your aptitude and whether you are willing to commit to staying on Saba for a longer period.
Skills and requirements:
- Be willing to commit to a minimum one-year contract.
- Be available from 1 September 2022.
- Have already spent some time on our website so that you have an understanding of the island, our business, and our diving philosophy before applying.
- Have experience with living on a small island.
- Be dedicated to being a team player and committed to impeccable customer service.
- Be willing to give 100% daily and go the extra mile when necessary.
- Must have a boating background; pick up moorings, line tying, etc., and be willing to learn more.
- Be fully Covid-19 vaccinated
- Due to work permits, the USA and Dutch passport holders are given preference.
- Fluent English is essential, any other language skills are a plus.
- Other attributes/skills we look for: Marine biology knowledge (you will need to know Caribbean fish), photography skills, mechanical aptitude, and background. Preference shall be given to non-smokers; absolutely no smoking is allowed during the workday.
- Continuing education opportunities depend upon your aptitude (which can be discussed in the interview).
- Arranged accommodations at reasonable rent.
- Fair compensation allows you to save money as well as have a good time.
- Nationalized health insurance at no cost to you.
Work permit requirements, payment structure, payroll taxes, and full information will be discussed with serious candidates. Schedule and Pay: Our normal scheduling is a 5-day work week from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., although we expect flexibility towards days off when necessary. Any additional hours and night dives are paid overtime.
Please tell us why you think you are the right fit to work for Sea Saba AND forward your CV via email as per these specific instructions: email your information asap. Please be sure your message includes: Name; Where a passport is issued; Where you are presently located; Date of Birth; Number of dives in your career; Number of certs in your career; Photo. Your attached photo should be no more than 500 kb, please.
Appropriate applicants should expect an acknowledgment of receiving your application within 48 hours. More detailed information will be provided to serious candidates followed by a phone/Skype/Messenger or WhatsApp interview.
- Share this Job