PADI Dive Instructor
Full-time diving job in Charlotteville, Trinidad and Tobago @ ERIC Dive Centre
ERIC Dive Centre
- PADI Dive Instructor
Charlotteville, Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and TobagoOpen in Google Maps
PADI Dive Instructor vacancy announcement
The (ERIC) Environmental Research Institute Charlotteville, Tobago, is inviting suitable candidates to apply. We are looking forward to shortlisting by mid-May and filling the position in June 2022.
Please read the full description and answer in your application according to each of our requirements. This will help fast processing.
What we offer:
- Working with a small, highly effective team, individualized diving, and dive training in small groups, all diving activities are linked to conservation interpretation.
- Working at an award-winning, conservation and sustainability NGO.
- Working on established conservation projects related to sharks, corals, and turtles.
- Basic salary TTD 8,400 (USD 1,200) + 10% commission on income above a threshold (5,000USD) of dive income (governmental taxes and levies to be covered by Instructor).
- Accommodation (self-contained apt, wifi, laundry, balcony, 2 min from beach)
- 15 working days holiday per year.
- One day off per week.
- Duty hours are 48 hours a week on a flex-time basis.
- Fully valid work permit.
- PADI MSDT (IDC Staff Instructor preferred), EFR in teaching status and with professional and medical insurance.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Capable of physically demanding (very rare) tasks.
- Strong marketing and sales background including social media.
- Experience in a remote, small island environment.
- Strong conservation / naturalist background.
- Own scuba equipment, cell phone, and laptop.
- Team player and leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills in English and additional languages are an asset.
- Experienced in equipment and compressor maintenance.
- Able to deliver 40% in water and 60% administrative/marketing/maintenance duties.
- Degree in marine environmental sciences, tourism, or similar.
- Additional languages.
- Experience in working with NGOs is a definite asset.
- Willing to assist in not directly job description-related tasks.
- Strong adherence to safety and PADI standards.
- Strong communication and MS Office skills.
- Certificate in equipment and compressor maintenance.
- Animal welfare awareness.
- Video and Photo.
For shortlisting, please send CV, picture (No UW, no sunglasses), two references with contacts.
Successful candidates must be prepared to afford 50% of a security bond required by Immigration which will be reimbursed at the end of the contract. European, North American, Caribbean citizens approx. 600 USD, the other 50% will be covered by ERIC.
Initial return flight costs to be covered by the successful candidate, reimbursed up to 1,000 Euro after the first year of employment.
This position is for one person only.
- Share this Job