English or German Instructor - Las Palmas, Spain
Temporary diving job in @ Scuba Legends
- English or German Instructor - Las Palmas, Spain
English/German Instructor vacancy in Lanzarote starting ASAP until November 2022
Scuba Legends Dive Center is a PADI 5-Star IDC Center located in the Canary Islands within the center of Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain. Besides snorkeling & diving excursions, try dives and basic courses, and technical diving we also teach Divemasters, Assistant Instructors and run Instructor Development Courses.
We are looking for a highly motivated, professional, and fun PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or higher) with the right mindset to enforce our team.
We are seeking staff for summer reinforcement starting ASAP till mid-November.
For the right candidate, we might consider the renewal of the contract after the initial period with a long-term career path.
- A proactive, enthusiastic, creative person with a positive mindset.
- 100% passionate about diving and love working outside.
- Able to follow the directions of your supervisors or staff in charge.
- Willing to deliver outstanding quality and individual customer service whilst being the best version of yourself.
- Friendly with and actively outgoing attitude.
- Punctual and organized and have a clean appearance.
- Willing to go the extra mile and create huge smiles and shiny eyes.
- A team player but also able to work independently.
- Appreciating to work in a small team.
- Flexible and have a professional attitude at all times.
- Able to function under stress and do 2-4 dives a day.
- A hard worker who is physically & mentally fit and healthy.
- Willing to learn and improve your own skills.
- Preferably a non-smoker or accepting to reduce your consumption during working hours.
- An animal lover since our dog will relax regularly at the dive center.
- Be at least 25 years old.
- Hold an EU Passport.
- Be fluent in English and able to teach with ease in German(any additional language is a bonus (eg. Spanish, French, Catalan, Italian, Dutch).
- Be a renewed and active teaching status Open Water Scuba Instructor + EFR Instructor (or higher).
- Have a valid medical statement signed by a hyperbaric doctor (or will visit a doctor upon arrival).
- Be familiar with all PADI Standards & Procedures, incl. PADI eLearning, use of the PADI’s Pro website.
- Owning a full set of diving equipment as per PADI Standards for professionals including torch, SMB & reel.
- Have professional dive insurance with liability coverage as required by PADI EMEA.
- Valid European driving license - Minimum 2 years driver’s license (stick shift).
- Previous work experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Full-time job position with 1-2 days off per week.
- Legal contract incl. registration in social security.
- Holidays (30 natural days per year worked).
- Competitive monthly salary.
- Performance-related extra benefits for long-term candidates.
- Guiding and teaching in small and individual groups.
- A fun small working environment with a pleasant working atmosphere and the best team ever!
- Staff discounts on dive gear and courses.
- A modern and well-taken care of dive center with a classroom and sea view terrace in the center of the touristic area of Puerto del Carmen.
- The opportunity to build a long-term career in the diving industry (OWSI/ Specialty Instr./ MSDT, IDC Staff, MI, Specialties, Tec Diving, etc.)
- Intense training by our head instructors to become a better Dive Professional.
- Mentoring and recommendation throughout your future career path.
- Assistance in finding accommodation and settling down upon arrival.
The conditions for the right candidate are at a high level, a full and detailed explanation of salaries and possible benefits will be given during the first interview via Zoom.
If you fulfill the above criteria/requirements and want to know why it is an opportunity for you to join our team, please send us your application with a full CV, and motivation letter incl. two decent & recent pictures (profile + full body picture in your own diving gear) and a record of diving qualifications and certification history via email.
- Share this Job