Full-time diving job in Birmingham, United Kingdom @ The Bear Grylls Adventure
The Bear Grylls Adventure
- Diving Instructor
Fancy taking the plunge with over 1,000 aquatic creatures including Blacktip Reef Sharks, Cownose Rays, Nurse Sharks, and tropical fish? If you’re a hardworking and expert Diving Instructor, then prepare to experience the incredible!
Do you have?
- A minimum of PADI Assistant Instructor with validated dive experience and hold or able to obtain a HSE Diving Medical
- A solid understanding of dive equipment to ensure accurate maintenance is carried out in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, local regulations and company diving policy
- Significant experience as a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor in dive practice and theory including Emergency Action Plans and equipment maintenance
- A working knowledge of guiding divers, allowing for delivery of a ‘wow’ experience.
- A good understanding of dive logging and problem resolution to ensure accurate communication in line with company policy
- An understanding Health and Safety is your number one priority.
- A First Aid certificate is beneficial but can also be trained on site
- Strong attention to detail and cleanliness
As a Dive Instructor you’ll be responsible for operating the PADI DSD Dive Experience on a day to day basis, delivering an outstanding guest experience and ensuring guest safety at all time. We are looking for Part-Time Dive Instructor who can work mostly weekends and school holidays and therefore a flexible approach is a must. Due to the nature of the role the successful applicants must be aged 18 and over.
The Dive Instructors core responsibility is the leading of the PADI Discover Scuba Dive experiences in a purpose-built aquarium. This will include briefing and overseeing guest dive experiences in the Bear Grylls Adventure Ocean Tank and having the right attitude and a passion for creating memorable guest experiences.
You will also ensure the appropriate storage and maintenance of our dive equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, local guidelines, and company policies. Health and Safety is at the forefront of all activities in the dive area and you can communicate any concerns with the Displays & Dive Manager immediately.
This role is permanent, offering a minimum of 15 guaranteed hours per week. Our attractions are open daily so full availability is needed, including weekends, bank holidays and during peak seasons.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside helping adventurers experience SCUBA diving, you’ll also receive:
- Fortnightly pay at £10.47 per hour (from 1st April)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro-rata)
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% off LEGO online
- Merlin Magic Pass - giving you free tickets to all our attractions worldwide for you, your family, and friends every year
- Discounted rates at Merlin hotels all over the world
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hotel stay discounts
- O2 discount
- Employee pricing up to 55% off cinema tickets
Sounds pretty phenomenal, right?
- Share this Job