Dive Operations Manager (only for couples)
Full-time diving job in @ Waidroka Bay Resort
Waidroka Bay Resort
- Dive Operations Manager (only for couples)
Dive Operations Manager - Couple
Note: This is only for Instructor couples!
Waidroka Bay Resort, a small boutique Dive & Surf Resort on the main island of Viti Levu, Fiji, is looking for a professional DIVE Operations Manager COUPLE.
- Previous experience of fully running and being in charge of a Dive Operation within a resort environment - ESSENTIAL
- English fluent, if you speak another language – great, if you don’t, not a deal-breaker
- PADI OWSI – ESSENTIAL for both
- Experience in Equipment Repair & Maintenance. Tanks, Regulators, BCDs – ESSENTIAL
- BOATS OUTBOARD & COMPRESSOR mechanical skills – troubleshooting &
- maintenance – ESSENTIAL
- Excellent people skills – to ensure a professional & disciplined, but ‘ family-like
- The atmosphere at the resort, both with guests & staff alike
- Work experience in resorts with knowledge of overall Dive Operation & Maintenance.
- Think out of the box. Live-in resort experience - ESSENTIAL
- Previous Resort Hospitality Experience - ESSENTIAL
Attributes for the COUPLE
- Take full responsibility for OPERATING the Diving Operation from A-Z, WHILST CONSTANTLY INTEGRATING WITH THE OVERALL RESORTS NEEDS
- Be fully in charge of all aspects of Repairs & Maintenance for our fleet of Dive Boats & Equipment (including compressors, air banks, tanks, regulators, BCD, etc...)
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in all areas of the resort.
- * The ability to work remotely with a small, close team, and to help and support each other is essential. You will be part of a team of ex-pat staff and local staff, 30 minutes drive away from the nearest shops/entertainment.
- A Competitive Benefits Package, private accommodation, and full board.
This is not a seasonal job or just for the summer, or a short period of time – it is a dedicated longer-term commitment, to make a real difference at the resort and ongoing Dive Operation - is what we are looking for.
It is important to realize and be aware that this position is within a resort and not limited to the dive shop only. You shall be an integrated part of the overall resort operation and part of the senior management team to ensure Waidroka delivers against all aspects (overall guest experiences, excursions, Wellness/Yoga, surfing, fishing, etc... at all times).
You do not have to be a highly decorated instructor with a lot of specialties or certifications, you have to be a couple who understands the running and being in charge of a Dive Operation within a resort environment (understanding who we are as a resort delivering memorable experiences overall for all of our guests and covering all aspects of a dive vacation for guests, is what it’s all about). Guiding dives for individuals and groups is the majority of the 'dive-job' (we work with local Dive Masters and Instructors on staff).
If you think you got what it takes – give it a shot. Outgoing, hands-on, “can do” attitude and always being a problem solver – are what we are looking for from experience.
Please send your application with a full CV, recent photos (please no pictures in dive gear or underwater), a short cover letter on why you are applying in the first place and think you would be suitable for the position, and your earliest possible start date.
- Share this Job