Dive Master / Instructor or PADI Professional
Full-time diving job in Key Largo, Florida, United States @ Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Rainbow Reef Dive Center
- Dive Master / Instructor or PADI Professional
Professional Dive Master or Instructor.
Rainbow Reef Dive Center, the largest and busiest Key Largo dive center is searching for PADI professionals to join our expanding conservation dive team. As the largest dive shop in PADI Americas, we are committed to conservation and are starting a new non-profit organization committed solely to restoring and protecting the Florida Keys reef tract and beyond! Come to work with a busy and exciting dive center here in the heart of the Dive Capital! This position is just as much about conservation as it is about safely mating, guiding, and teaching aboard our USCG certified vessels. We are building on our already robust conservation efforts including work with coral nurseries and outplanting, Dives Against Debris, efforts with the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, cleaning up our mangroves and lots of other exciting conservation initiatives just as a start! We are expanding this work with our new non-profit organization which will be dedicated to full-time conservation efforts with our many partners throughout the Keys. This is a growing enterprise, and we are in search of people with conservation training, education or experience to add to our team in what will be an exciting and robust organization!
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be a PADI Divemaster or above or be able to complete the training before beginning work.
- Preference given to those who are already PADI OWSI or above.
- Must have a driving interest in reef-focused marine conservation as a primary field and building a large conservation organization out of an already incredible dive operation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant conservation field preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, preference will be given to those with significant prior conservation field experience or non-profit experience.
- You should have a can-do attitude and be excited to take on new challenges in a growing enterprise.
- Prefer those intending to stay in this position for at least 2 years.
What You Can Expect
- Working with a dynamic and fun team running multiple dive boats and catering to a large number of guests every day. Every day is different, exciting and new!
- Diving and training in the Dive Capital of the world! We offer a wide variety of diving from colorful reefs and wrecks to specialty conservation dives.
- Initial duties will include full-time mating, guiding guest divers, teaching PADI courses, handling equipment and tanks, boat maintenance, and other duties as needed according to training and experience in order to get familiar with the operations at Rainbow Reef.
- Ongoing integration into the conservation activities at Rainbow Reef including conservation dives, event planning, grant building, social media participation, and growing a non-profit, as appropriate and depending on your particular interests.
- The opportunity to conduct research and learn about the intricacies of starting and running a large non-profit organization.
- The ability to contribute your ideas and manpower to grow an amazing conservation effort both at Rainbow Reef and in the non-profit. We are a very inclusive operation and strive to let all great ideas be considered and acted upon!
- The position will be transforming as it both meets the needs of the dive operation and potentially transitions into full-time conservation work.
- This position is initially paid per trip/class/student, plus tips and sales commission. Group health insurance plan also available. Rainbow Reef is a drug-free workplace. Learn more about us by visiting our website.
- Share this Job