Dive Master in Georgia Aquarium
Full-time diving job in Atlanta, Georgia @ Georgia Aquarium
- Dive Master in Georgia Aquarium
Dive Master position primary duty is the delivery of the Dive Immersion Programs to our guests to include open circuit, closed circuit, and skin diving programs. The Dive Master must ensure that the program is run safely, efficiently, and that our guests experience is remarkable in every way. Program responsibilities will be conducted in accordance with the Georgia Aquarium Dive Safety Program and in direct support of the mission of the Georgia Aquarium.
- Responsible for daily delivery of the Dive Immersion guest experience.
- Maintain the highest level of safety and quality of the Dive Immersion program possible.
- Participate in training and development classes.
- Set up and inspect Open circuit dive equipment ensuring all is within the proper operating parameters
- Meet all applicable requirements as outlined in Georgia Aquarium’s Diving Operations and Procedures Manual.
- Adhere to all dive safety policies and procedures as set by GAI and the Dive Control Board.
- Regularly perform guest experience dives in support of the program mission to include Open circuit, Closed circuit and Skin diving events.
- Regularly demonstrate a comprehensive and advanced knowledge of recreational diving methods and techniques.
- Regularly demonstrate a broad technical and recreational instructional expertise in diving.
- Occasionally assist Husbandry with exhibit maintenance and other duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintain the highest standards of work area cleanliness at all times.
- Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest standards of quality.
- Regularly interact on behalf of Georgia Aquarium, with guests, media, public, etc.
- Act as dive program liasion working with education and visitor services for guest diving program development.
- Perform other Dive Office functions such as filling cylinders, tending/diving feeding presentations, data entry, buddy diving, diving supervisor, etc. as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Present evidence of all dive training and diving history.
- Pass Georgia Aquarium’s Dive Physical.
- Pass Georgia Aquarium’s Swim Test.
- Pass an Open Water checkout dive with Diving Safety Officer or Designee.
- Hold a current, active, Instructor level certification as an Open circuit & Rebreather from an internationally recognized diving agency
- Hold current First Aid and Adult, Child, and Infant CPR, and Oxygen Provider Instructor certifications from a nationally recognized agency
- Additional education and diving related certification(s), i.e. Divers with disabilities instructor and any additional training/experience in underwater guest diver programs are a plus.
- A basic knowledge of marine species and environments is a plus
- Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with staff and guests
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential
Application Process: Once you have read the job description and ascertained that you are qualified, select “Apply” at the bottom of the job description.
- Share this Job