Dive Instructor in Australia
Full-time diving job in @ Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
- Dive Instructor in Australia
n/a, Gladstone Regional, AustraliaOpen in Google Maps
Coxswain / Dive Instructor - PAID POSITION
Lady Elliot Island is a coral cay located at the southern tip of the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef on the East Coast of Australia. Located on this coral cay is Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort, an award-winning eco-tourism business.
We are seeking a Coxswain/ Dive Instructor with previous experience in water-based and land activities. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of water safety protocols including commercial operating vessels, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
Reporting to the Guest Activities Manager, this position plays a pivotal role in providing Guest Experiences when on the island. The resort has a combination of overnight resort guests and day guests.
- Coxswain Licence (minimum)
- Australian PADI Dive Instructor
- Own Dive Insurance
- Dive Medical Clearance
- O2 certification
- First Aid & CPR
- Drivers License
- A degree in Marine Biology is a bonus
The role of the Coxswain/ Dive Instructor includes:
- Guest orientations on arrival
- Previous marine experiences: scuba diving, snorkeling, glass bottom boats, kayaks
- Island-based tours: bird watching, turtle walks, reef walking, general tours
- Guest educational presentations and ongoing interactions
- Operations of the on-island dive shop
- Conducting PADI dive courses (Open Water, Advanced, and Discover Scuba dives)
- Conducting nighttime activities and presentations
- The position is a live-on-island role during the 10 days you are there with meals and accommodation provided at a reduced rate in a shared accommodation facility. All staff is recruited to fly in and out via Hervey Bay Airport.
- Must have the ability to work unrestricted within Australia without any visa requirements.
If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live and work on an island in the Great Barrier Reef then please apply today
- Share this Job