Dive Center Manager Zanzibar
Full-time diving job in @ andBeyond Mnemba Island
andBeyond Mnemba Island
- Dive Center Manager Zanzibar
Zanzibar, Mkoa wa Unguja Kaskazini, TanzaniaOpen in Google Maps
AndBeyond Mnemba Island is searching for a dive center Manager
We are a small private island in Zanzibar and pride ourselves on the level of service offered to our discerning guests. Any applicants must be comfortable working flexible hours, consistently maintaining high standards, and working a 6-week on, 2-week off schedule.
- Current PADI MSDT certification or higher.
- Current EFRI teaching status.
- 3 years plus experience as a PADI professional.
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Current third-party liability insurance (PADI or DAN preferred).
- Excellent spoken and written English (other languages an advantage).
- Bright, enthusiastic, energetic, and caring personalities.
- Palpable passion for diving and marine life.
- Smart, clean, presentable appearance.
- Passion for hospitality.
- Hard-working and highly self-motivated.
- Excellent team players relate well to others.
- Ability to motivate others.
- A positive attitude
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This is a permanent Live Position for an individual, based on Mnemba Island, Zanzibar.
- Guide all certified guests on two dives per day with a maximum ratio of 6 guests to 1 instructor.
- Sell and conduct diving courses to Mnemba guests, with a maximum ratio of 4 students to 1 instructor.
- Brief and (time permitting) guide all guests wishing to snorkel.
- Interact with all guests throughout their stay.
- Host cocktails and dinner as per the Mnemba senior management hosting schedule.
- As part of the & Beyond Mnemba Island senior management team, you will be required to assist (as and when necessary) in many aspects of running the lodge.
- Conduct turtle monitoring duties as per roster, after having received relevant training.
- Attend the daily morning meeting.
- Wear AndBeyond uniform and name badge every day.
- Management of Mnemba Island’s dive center and boatmen team.
- Responsible for ensuring all guests have the best and safest possible experience during any water-related activities during their stay.
- Adhering to all PADI and company standards.
- Responsible for budget lines pertaining to dive center – scuba diving cost, water sports equipment.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving diving and water sports equipment when necessary within in the bounds of the scuba diving and water sports budgets.
- Responsible for cleanliness and adherence to design specifications of dive centers as per AndBeyond styling guides
- Responsible for billing guests for diving services.
- Responsible for orderly filing of all diving-related paperwork and updating of correct liability releases as per PADI current standards.
- Responsible for keeping updated on changing PADI standards and informing the Lodge Managers of relevant additions/alterations.
- HODs for boat captain team. Responsible for all training, supervision, discipline, and maintenance of AndBeyond standards of service for the team.
- HOD for the dive team. Responsible for all training, supervision, discipline, and maintenance of AndBeyond standards of service for a team.
- Respond to all emails within 24 hours.
- Manage the ongoing communication from ground handling and procurement teams to the boat captains.
- Ensure boat captains are on time for every arrival, departure, and delivery both at the pickup and drop-off points.
- Meals and accommodation
- Working visa
- Travel allowance
- Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Further benefits will be detailed for candidates who successfully make it through to the interview stage.
Please send applications with your CV.
- Share this Job
This job listing has expired and the position is probably filled. Please do not apply. Find more dive jobs from all over the world or check out other dive job listings in Tanzania .