Commercial Divers / Supervisors with three years of experience
Full-time diving job in Darthmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada @ Dominion Diving Ltd.
Dominion Diving Ltd.
- Commercial Divers / Supervisors with three years of experience
Dominion Diving is looking for Commercial Divers / Supervisors with three years of experience in inshore works.
Dominion Diving Limited is a 24/7 Marine Facility. We have become Canada's largest professional diving, marine, ROV, and subsea services company. Dominion Diving personnel are committed to working together safely and effectively. Providing innovative subsea solutions to inshore and offshore operations throughout domestic and international markets is the policy of all employees. Dominion Diving conducts all activities in a professional, reliable, and competitive nature to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- Maintain and exercise appropriate safety precautions, such as monitoring dive lengths/ depths and registering with regulatory authorities.
- Inspect, Repair Maintain (IRM) dive equipment, such as helmets, suits, tanks & video monitoring equipment.
- Acquire the information relevant to complete dive jobs and environmental conditions.
- Attend toolbox talks and safety briefings before each job.
- Inspect docks, ships, buoyage systems, plant intakes, outflows, underwater pipelines, cables, sewers using closed-circuit television, still photography, and testing equipment.
- Inland IRM for vessels.
- Perform IRM of bridge foundations.
- Other marine structures installed, IRM below the waterline.
- Underwater cut/weld steel for various structures.
- Underwater rigging.
- Take test samples/photographs to assess the condition of vessels or structures.
- Install & IRM piping or valves.
- Operate underwater video, sonar, recording, or related equipment to investigate underwater structures or marine life.
- Ship cradle/marine railway IRM.
- Use of pneumatic or hydraulic tools.
- Set or guide placement of pilings or sandbags to support structures such as docks, bridges, cofferdams, or platforms.
- Carry out non-destructive testing, e.g. Ultrasonic Testing.
- Perform underwater search and rescue activities, salvage, recovery, or cleanup operations.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- 3 Years' Experience.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (Standard or Higher).
- Valid O2 Admin Certificate.
- Covid-19 Vaccination (2 doses) required.
- Must have the ability to acquire a government security clearance (reliability level).
- Must be a Canadian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Canada.
Obtain when position awarded:
- Valid Dive Medical
- Valid Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC) Certificate
- WHMIS 2015
- Valid Confined Space Certificate
- Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) Certificate
- Share this Job